McAfee is one of the trusted names amongst online security solution providers. It protects your home and business PCs from viruses and other malicious programs. Once you purchase, download and install a McAfee antivirus (Keeping in mind the level of security you want for your device), the subscription needs to be activated. This activation confirms your purchase with McAfee by using a product key. Finding a product key for the activation depends upon the fact i.e. from where you have purchased an antivirus.
If you have purchased the McAfee antivirus online then the product key can be located from McAfee retail card. In the other case, it will be printed on the upper side of the CD. Once you redeem the product key, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open Start menu and choose All Programs
- Double click McAfee Antivirus program
- Enter the unique product key you have just copied from the CD or the retail card
- Provide the required information
- Click Activate and it’s done!
Pre-requisite before you activate the McAfee Antivirus
Before you install a McAfee antivirus to your device, make sure there is no other antivirus or security solution already installed on your device. And if it exists, uninstall it to avoid any software conflicting issue. Other things to keep in mind are:
- The OS installed in your computer system should be updated to its latest version.
- Your computer system should meet the required system specifications
- Make sure there are no junk or temporary files in your system
Still need help with McAfee antivirus activation or installation, dial McAfee contact support number, which is toll-free. The certified technician will help you install and activate the McAfee antivirus. These technicians are available 24×7 in order to provide you the best solution.