AOL, the free web-based email service is currently being used by millions of users across the globe. This email service offers the users a safe and delightful email experience. With a number of other exciting features, AOL mail also allows to add third-party email accounts so you can access them all from one place. Other things you must be curious to know about AOL mail are mentioned below:
How to create an AOL mail account?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit mail.aol.in
- Click on Get a Free Email Address link
- Enter your Name, Last Name, Username, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile Phone, Alternate Email and other details
- Apart from this, you will also see two more fields labeled as Password and Set a Security Question
- Set a strong password with length between 8 to 16 characters. Additionally, it should include special characters, like!@#
- Second is the security question, choose any question from the drop-down menu below the Set a Security Question field. Setting this is necessary as it would help you recover your password, in case you forget it at any time.
- Once you fill in all the required information, click Sign Up
How to sign in to your AOL mail account?
- To log in, visit mail.aol.com
- Enter your registered email address and the password
- Click Sign In
How long the AOL mail account remains active?
If your AOL mail remains inactive for 90 days, it will be deactivated automatically. On the other hand, if this time period exceeds to 180 days, you might have to lose it forever.
What are the Features of AOL mail?
Some of the exceptional features of AOL mail are:
- 25MB attachment limit
- Unlimited storage space
- Supported protocols SMTP, POP3, IMAP
- Spam and virus protection
- Supports SSL/HTTPS after login
- AIM Panel with a complete buddy list
- Spell checker
- Allows you sort emails, set filters
How to manage your AOL mail settings?
Being one of the most advanced mail service, AOL allows you to change the receive and reading the emails settings, display and sound settings, mail away settings, composing and sending emails settings and more. You can also do other settings like changing the password and more without any hassle.
How to block unwanted mails in AOL?
AOL focuses on the complete privacy by blocking the spam mails. But, if some spam emails slips through the cracks, you can do it manually by following these steps:
- Check the box next to a mail that bothers you
- Now, click the Spam button available in the menu bar
- The more you use this spam filter, the better your inbox will look. This will also help AOL filter the mails and send it automatically to the spam folder
Additionally, AOL also gives you complete freedom to block a particular email address; you no longer want to receive mails from. Remember, you can create up to 50 filters by email address. So, the next time you receive an email from that particular sender, it will be automatically moved to the spam or trash folder.
How to unblock emails from a specific sender?
If you accidentally mark someone as spam then you can unblock them by following these steps:
- Open the Spam folder from the left pane
- From the available email addresses, select the one you want to mark Not Spam
- Hit the Not Spam button in menu bar and it’s done!
How to fix AOL email send/receive errors?
While sending or receiving the emails in your AOL mail account, you may face several issues in composing the email, unable to send or receive the emails to/from a particular email account, unable to receive emails in your AOL mail inbox and more. Apart from this, you may face other errors like BLERK!, GAH!, and ZOIDS. You can troubleshoot them by calling AOL customer support number.
Also, if you face any other technical difficulty or error while signing up or signing in your AOL mail, for activating your deactivated AOL mail account or in AOL mail password recovery, call us and get an instant support from our Microsoft certified technicians.